Save Money at Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge is one of my family’s favorite spots when we are craving a quick vacation. From the waterpark to the quiet, cozy rooms, it’s such a fun environment. As well as the waterpark which is well worth the price of admission, you have a resort full of restaurants, a huge arcade, shopping, character story times and much more. Up to 4 people can stay in a room. Each room reservation includes waterpark admission each day and as soon as 1 pm the day of arrival. Check-in time is usually 3 pm.
With 18 Great Wolf Lodge locations scattered throughout the US, chances are there is one near you. It doesn’t have to be an expensive trip, there are a ton of ways to save money to make this an affordable vacation. We’ve rounded up our favorite money-saving and other tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your trip.
There are always coupon codes
– You can always find a discount on the standard rates somewhere. Sign up for their emails to be the first to know about coupon codes for 20-50% off your stay! If you book 60 days in advance, you can save 50% on 2-3 night stays.
Book through Groupon & Earn Cash Back through Rakuten
– Groupon regularly offers Great Wolf Lodge vacation packages throughout the year at low rates (right now we’re seeing $99 a night in some locations). Start at Rakuten before you book and score cashback through Groupon Getaways! Even a few dollars add up!
Score a FREE 20 Page Shutterfly book to remember your vacay!
– This is one of my favorite perks! Check-in your room when you arrive for a Shutterfly promo card. There will be a code for a FREE Photobook worth $20. Take it home, upload all the great photos you take on your trip, and have a memory book to enjoy!
– Save space in your luggage and don’t bother packing beach towels or life jackets. Those are provided free of charge. You’ll have to know your room number to get a rental of either.
Leave Your Wallet in your Room
– Your Wristband serves as your waterpark admission, room key and you have the option to tie your credit card to it for purchases throughout the resort. Be sure you shred it when you leave so no one gets ahold of your financial information. If you don’t wish to have your kids have open access to your credit card, tell the front desk staff when you check-in and they’ll be issued a different wristband. Ask them to trim those bands as the tails are LONG and can be annoying.
Bring along a separate waterpark bag
– You can get into the waterpark as soon as 1 pm on the day you arrive. It’ll make your life much smoother to pack a separate waterpark bag with your swimsuits so you don’t have to rifle through your luggage in the parking lot to retrieve them. Great Wolf has a large locker room where you can store valuables, showers, changing rooms, and swimsuit dryers.
Bring Food & Snacks from Home
– As true with any sort of vacation, packing your own food and drinks will save you some serious cash. The rooms come equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave. I’d recommend bringing a case of water, and snacks, and even breakfast food for everyone.
Ask for Early Check In
– While this is not a guarantee and the policy could vary by location, every time I have visited they have offered to check us in right away (we arrived around noon). It doesn’t hurt to ask, and I found they are very accommodating of families with young kids.
– Active and Retired Military members be sure to use code HEROES when you book for 30% off the standard rates.
Save 30% on Resort Entertainment with the PawPass!
– Enjoy ShadowQuest, MagiQuest, and more at a hot discount when you buy a PawPass. The going rate is currently $59.99 per child and includes one game of the above mentioned, ice cream at Bear Paw Sweets, Bowling and arcade credit, and a few more perks.
We hope this article helps you get organized for your trip to Great Wolf Lodge and get excited about all there is to do and how to save money on a memorable family vacation. Be sure to check out more amazing travel deals below.